Summer Festival of Racing
June 30th, 2022 –July 1st, 2022
Please Note -Tampa Bay Downs will be taking entries for Thursday, June 30th, 2022 and Friday, July 1st, 2022 on, Monday, June 27th, 2022. To make Entries call 813-855-4401.
- All Owners, Trainers, Jockeys and Horses MUST be registered with HISA before entry. www.hisa.org
- When races do not overfill, there will be no limits on how many horses an owner or trainer may run in a race for these two days of racing ONLY!
- Any claimed horses will be eligible to race immediately for the new connections in any jurisdiction.
- To be eligible to claim on Thursday’s card the owner must have started a horse during the 90 day 2021-2022 meet or have an open claiming slip; to claim a horse on Friday’s card the owner must have started a horse earlier that day or have an open claiming slip.
- The Salix vets will prepare a log sheet with every starter’s Salix usage for each day. A Salix Fee of $25 and will be charged against the said owners account.
- In addition any emergency or elective service done post- race will also be charged to the owners account – these services will be authorized by a signed slip with the vet on duty.
- The Barn Area closes three hours after the last race on Friday – no exceptions.
- Field size will be limited to eight starters per race.
- All horses will be housed in Barn 30 and 31 - no exceptions.
- Any trainer needing groom accommodations please notify at service noted and the charge.
- All vet services will be billed to the owners account race day.
- All purse funds will be held 48 hours regardless of finish position.
- The Barn Area will open at 8:00am on Wednesday and time of entry.
- All papers will be delivered to the Steward’s Office (first floor of the Grandstand) on Race Day and picked up in the Paddock immediately following each race.
- Colors may be picked up immediately in the Jocks Room.
- Each race will offer a starting bonus of $2,000.00 to be divided between the horses running fifth place on back. The bonus will be capped at $500 per horse.
- Jockeys bonus - $2500 first place, $1500 second place and $1000 third place.
- Horsemen are reminded that management requires ALL horsemen running horses at Tampa Bay Downs to have current Workmen's Compensation Insurance on file at the security office. Fax 813-261-1981.
- A negative Coggins Test must be accompanying a 72-hour Health Certificate for all horses competing at Tampa Bay Downs, Inc.
- All horses must be vaccinated against Equine Herpes Type 1 (EHV-1) between 14 and 120 days prior to arrival.
- Horsemen are reminded to bring their own hay & feed however racing equipment will be available at AAA Feed & Tack.
- Ice will be available at Maintenance.
All Association and State Rules and Regulations will remain in effect unless otherwise noted.